- 2012 news
- LARIA members special offer - CACI Ltd
- Calling all Council Chief Executives
- LARIA in Scotland's Erin Murray Interview
- Consultation on benchmarking residentsí perceptions of local government
- Centre for Census and Survey Research
- LARIA Annual General Meeting, Nominations for the LARIA Council and Trustees
- Census 2011: Using Output Area Classific
- ONS National Well-being Consultation Response Published
- New Chair of LARIA and Council Members
- CCSR Short Courses in Social Statistics and Population Estimating
- Can you help map out research skills?
- New Bursary - Social Statistics, University of Manchester and LARIA
- New MRS Guidelines for Consultations
- Get involved with your local LARIA group
- The LARIA Decathlon
- BURISA to merge with LARIA
- Call for Papers - LARIA Annual Conference 2013
- Benchmarking Resident Satisfaction
- How is the R&I profession facing up to the new challenge?
ONS National Well-being Consultation Response Published
The Office for National Statistics (ONS), Measuring National Well-being Programme has published
three releases (see links below).
Initial findings from the consultation on proposed domains and measures of
Analysis of experimental subjective well-being data from the Annual Population Survey, April to September 2011
Our Relationships Article
National well-being is far broader than just being happy. National well-being includes not only the quality of our lives, of which happiness is a part, but also the country's economic performance and environmental
and sustainability issues.
ONS has published a range of work in the last year to contribute to this, including the publication of the environmental accounts, analyses of household economic well-being and estimates of human capital. Measures of well-being will complement well established economic measures such as GDP by providing a more complete picture of how society is progressing.
If you would like further information or would like to comment on any of the releases, please email email@example.com